Thursday, March 11, 2010

When iNotes Access just doesn't work

I am working on my Mail Redirector presentation, Under the hood of mail redirection and its effects on iNotes and iPhone users, for The View Admin conference and ran into a problem which I will now add to my slides.

Go to login to a clients server to check on mail or reply to something from within, which I do all the time, and got this message AFTER logging in and getting the redirecting temporary page, it then reverts back to the login page and says:

Kbrooks, you are not authorized to access mail/kbrooks.nsf.
Please sign in with a name which has sufficient access rights:


Huh? Since when does iNotes have superior access to me as the admin and Manager of my mail file and full server access etc.

Wondering if I messed up the redirector or is there something else going on here that I am missing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Keith, I've had that problem in the past and it was because the Owner or Manager fields in the Mail Files were empty. I haven't seen it for some time though (R6 I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you check the "Maximum Internet access" in the ACL? Might be locked down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the owner field or max access or name variations.
    Still investigating

    ReplyDelete