Wednesday, September 8, 2010

0x1B1 RVTSCAN Error still in 852

Edited 12/15/2010:
There is an IBM Technote # 1424193 ​on the preloader which is what is causing this to appear.
Unfortunately it does not say how to resolve it. I have added the files it says to exclude to my virus protection and if it solves it will report back. It did it. See new post from 12/16.

fun since 8.x it appears
Haven't seen it for a while, but since moving one laptop to 852 I get it all the time.

Anyone figure out which file this is about?

Forum message here.

This technote was no help as the files it seeks are not in the system32 directory.

3 comments:

  1. I had a similar issue before and it was related to another application I had installed which is accessing the notes DLLs (c-api).

    Rebooting fixed it in the short term, but I got an update from the developer of their app and it stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that message too. Though I never did before upgrading to the all clients version of 8.5.2. I haven't gotten it on any of my test machines which are all Notes Standard clients. I figured it was something in the registry since I typically install/uninstall a lot but I haven't had time to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what else was calling the dll, but I think it has to do with the prefetch/preload option.
    Still no idea, but this morning, it didn't happen. When it happened every other day.
    How odd.

    ReplyDelete